Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Aly and Rob - June 28th 2008

Thanks for you part in a marvelous series of events topped off by a remarkable wedding ceremony on the beach behind our Corolla Light home! I loved the pictures you had on display at the reception -- and so did the entire group there to celebrate my daughter Alysson's wedding on Saturday. You were always there, showing both creativity and the right kind of needed direction to a group of 175.

The success of the event can be described in many ways, but the one most meaningful to me was the Sunday morning call from my daughter thanking me and telling me that the day had been perfect! Exactly my goal.
Derrick Crandall, father of the bride wrote:
"It has been fun over the past two days as those who watched the ceremony as gawkers have now approached me to say that the event has inspired them -- that they want to know whether they should encourage children and friends to consider Corolla for weddings of their families and friends. I'm sure you can imagine that my answer is a solid yes. The decision to do a destination wedding here made it possible to gather most of our wedding-goers for a solid week, and we had non-stop events ranging from "clan gatherings" at various homes on Corolla Light to a surprise birthday party with an entertainer on the deck of the Corolla Light oceanfront complex to a wonderful rehearsal dinner at the Currituck Club --- and then brunch for 100 (!) at our home on Sunday morning, I had dear friends -- including a former Member of Congress and other worldly folks -- tell me that this was the most fun and most memorable of all their many wedding experiences. And my extended family was ecstatic about the role the wedding played in achieving a long-overdue family reunion."